Cleaning Your Hookah
How to Clean Your Hookah After Use
Now that you have enjoyed the hookah, how do you clean it? The process is simple.
- Let the hookah cool down before cleaning it.
- Gather together your supplies: Lemon juice, water, baking soda and brushes.
- Take apart the hookah components, including the seals.
- Rinse the hose only if it is water-safe and set it aside.
- Dump out the used tobacco and ashes from the plate.
- Remove the stem from the base and carefully pour out the water.
- Wash the bowl and other portions with warm water.
- Run warm water down the stem to remove loose pieces of tobacco.
- Plug one end of the stem with your finger. Pour lemon juice into the other side. Use a brush to scrub the stem gently. If it needs more attention, add baking soda along with the lemon juice and scrub again. Repeat the process from the other side of the stem.
- Clean the base with water, baking soda and lemon juice. Swirl the mixture and then scrub it with a brush. Rinse it out with plain water.
- Let the components air-dry.